How does the caller identification work?
The precondition for the caller identification is the transmission of the phone number. The identification of the phone number is a complex procedure but ensures a high recognition rate. The process is optimised for caller identification in Europe and US/Canada.
Formatting the phone number
Normally, phone numbers are stored unstructured (e.g. +1, 001, +1(0)444 and any special characters). The format of the phone number must comply with the international standard format for telephone numbers. CTI Data Connector Office Edition will convert all phone numbers into an international standard format.
Identifying a Caller
1. Search step By means of the formatted phone number the first database (only with Enterprise Edition) will be searched to obtain a 100% hit. If there is an exact match for a contact person or company address, the search will be terminated and the address with the contact person will be displayed. If there is no exact match in the first database, the search will be extended to other databases and Microsoft Outlook? if configured.
Note: Several contact folders in MS-Outlook / Exchange can be specified.
2. Search step The phone number will be truncated up to 4 digits beginning at the rightmost digit. If there is an exact match for a company address, the search will be terminated and the address with all contact persons will be displayed. If there is no exact match in the first database (only with Enterprise Edition), the search will be extended to other databases and Microsoft Outlook? if configured.
3. Search step If several addresses are found in the second search, a selection windows will be displayed where you can select the correct address.
Displaying the Caller Data
CTI Data Connector offers many ways to display the caller data.
If you have chosen the Desktop notification display, a transparent window with the address information will be displayed - always and independent of the application you are currently using.
The phone number and the information whether it is an incoming or outgoing call will be displayed in the title bar. The address information includes
- company name, city, country
- name of the contact person
The content of the desktop notification is configurable.
If you click on the window with the cursor, the screen with the caller information or MS-Outlook contact folder will be opened. As long as the mouse pointer is atop of the window, the window will not be closed. It will fade out automatically after the time interval specified in the configuration settings has been lapsed.
When clicking on the phone symbol the call will be answered. This is necessary when using a headset or a hands-free set.
If the caller cannot be identified, a new record can be created (e.g. in MS-Outlook).
MS Outlook Contact Folder
If a caller is identified, whose phone number is stored in MS-Outlook, the MS-Outlook contact window will open.